We’re pleased to be one of the authors to the latest edition of “Buying & Selling Real Estate: An International Guide” in ILN’s comparative guide.
Andreas Leonidou is a Partner and a Co-Founder at Angelides, Ioannides, Leonidou LLC – LLPO Law Firm in Nicosia, Cyprus, and has a very wide professional experience in Property and Real Estate Law, Commercial and Corporate Law.
Andreas acts as the leading counsel in major Commercial and Corporate transactions in Cyprus and abroad, more particularly in Greece and the UK, where the firm maintains further offices as LLPO Law Firm.
He advises individuals and corporations on structuring their investments through vehicles and also advises them on Tax Planning.
As a legal advisor on Capital Markets issues, Andreas has substantial experience in the preparation of Prospectuses for the listing and delisting of Companies and Bonds in the Regulated and Unregulated Market of the Cyprus Stock Exchange (CSE) and the acquisition of shares of Plc by Public Offer.
He also deals with the registration and licensing of Alternative Investment Funds regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). Andreas has extensive experience in:
Commercial Law: Drafting and reviewing contracts of various issues, including sales contracts, supply of goods, loan, rent, agency, distribution, warehousing, and commission agent agreements.
Corporate: Drafting and reviewing of Sale of Shares Agreements of a Company with underlying assets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Venture and Shareholder Agreements, the Registration of Corporate Documents, Bonds Agreements, and Licensing under the Cyprus Central Bank.
Property and Real Estate Law Issues: Drafting of Sale of Property Agreements, Consulting on Property Issues, advising on Property Projects for retailers, developers, financial institutions and investors. Consulting in relation to acquisitions and disposals of commercial properties.
- Advising an E-money Institution to acquire a License under the Cyprus Central Bank;
- Sales Purchase Agreement for the sale of shares of a company with the following underlying assets:
- Renewable Energy Licenses;
- Hotel in Greece;
- Block of 30 Flats and 10 Houses in London.
- Acquisition of a listed company in the Regulated Market of the Cyprus Stock Exchange;
- Acquisition of a listed company in the Regulated Market of Cyprus Stock Exchange through a Public Offer bid;
- Approving the Prospectus of a Bond through CySEC;
- Advising a company on the terms and conditions of a Distribution Agreement of an international brand.
It is also worth noting that Andreas was a Member of the Board of the Cyprus Stock Exchange between 2005-2015.