Having accumulated experience in servicing international companies which offer investment services worldwide, LLPO Law Firm concentrated in servicing the Financial Services sector. LLPO’s Financial Services Team relies on the strengths and experience of its team members, who have strong and extensive academic credentials and experience in the field of financial services. The Team regularly advises financial institutions, as well as, institutional and individual clients on related issues both regarding licensing procedures and compliance regulations.
The variety of services provided include assistance of licensing applications to the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission and the Central Bank of Cyprus (the ‘Regulators’) related to Cyprus Investment Firms (CIFs), Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) (both for professional and well-informed investors) and Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS), Payment Institutions, Electronic Money Institutions (EMIs), Credit Acquiring Companies, Insurance Firms, Crypto Asset Service Provider (CASP) and Banks. LLPO offers a comprehensive package of services vis-à-vis the licensing procedure, undertaking the completion of all the applications to be submitted to the regulator, liaise with the Regulator, and when necessary, prepare drafts of any required documents (such as offering memoranda, internal business procedures manual, AML manuals, custody and administration agreements, service provider agreements, etc.). The Firm also assists in locating qualified Executive and Non-Executive Directors to fully comply with current regulatory requirements. Moreover, we undertake training and support for asset managers and investment funds.
- Structuring, Licensing and Passporting of Financial Institutions such as Payment Institutions (PIs), Electronic Money Institutions (EMIs), Investment Firms (CIFs) Alternative Investment Firms (AIFs) Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS), Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFM), Gaming and Crypto Asset Service Provider (CASP) inter alia;
- Preparing internal, Anti-Money Laundering, Risk Management and Compliance procedures that adhere to the current laws and regulations and a business plan to support the firm;
- Administering the procedures of the application for obtaining the relevant license;
- Communicating and representing the licensee to the relevant Regulator during the application phase;
- Acting as Lawyers for the Listing of Companies and Bond listing to the Cyprus Stock Exchange; and
- Regulatory compliance and appointment to manage public companies’ regulatory compliance for capital markets.
LLPO acts as the Legal Advisor and Compliance Officer for companies which are licensed by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), Cyprus Stock Exchange (CSE) and for companies which are licensed by the Cyprus Central Bank. Moreover, LLPO provides financial services to more than 30 regulated companies and funds.
- Early development and venture funding; Distressed Debt Solutions;
- Development of Exit Strategies;
- Joint Ventures and Associations;
- Incentive Schemes (Incl. Management, Employee, Client / Customer loyalty);
- Private Equity Funds;
- International Transactions;
- Public Offerings and IPOs include:
- Pre-Public offering strategy and restructuring;
- Preparation of prospectuses;
- Preparation of Offering Memorandums and other related offering documents for public and private financing;
- Preparation of listing documentation for the Cyprus Stock Exchange;
- Providing advice on creative corporate financing techniques involving the use of debentures, warrants, special warrants, debt conversion, bonds, limited partnerships, and other such instruments.
- Debt Financing;
- Debt Restructuring;
- Investment Company and Domestic or Offshore Funds Formation and Compliance:
- Deciding on Form, Structure and Strategy;
- Instructions towards the Involved Professionals or Authorities;
- Registration of the Legal Structure;
- Preparation of The Memorandum or deed including by-laws;
- Making the necessary agreements as to management, investment and other;
- Preparing and monitoring any application procedures such as public offer application, squeeze out applications etc;
- Acting as Trustee and Agent through one of our related companies;
- Reviewing of all the documentation of a Public Offer take over;
- Reviewing all the documentation for a squeeze out application.
LLPO Law Firm holds a specialist accreditation and license from the Cyprus Stock Exchange (CSE) as a Listing Advisor (Nomad) for the Cyprus Stock Exchange Emerging Companies Market (ECM) since April 2010. The ECM is a semi-regulated, organised market and serves as the sub-alternative market of the CSE. Each company in this market, as in most sub-alternative markets in the world, has to retain and continuously maintain a listing advisor to manage its listing procedure and its continuous compliance in the market. Listing Advisors are accredited by CSE and a License for these activities is required. LLPO maintains a broad referral network between investors, banks, financial services companies and entrepreneurs with the aim to create a community of Corporate Finance professionals and entrepreneurs together. Through this network, LLPO facilitates the necessary raising of capital needed by our clients. Private Bilateral Financing, Syndicate Loans, Seed or Venture Capital and Private or Public Offerings are facilitated through this network.
LLPO acts as the listing and legal advisor for companies and provides the following services to its clients:
- Conversion of a Company from private to public;
- Preparation of the Information Memorandum for fund raising;
- Bond Listing;
- Fund Raising through private placements;
- Preparation of the application for the listing in ECM of CSE;
- Preparation of the procedure for the reverse split and reverse takeover;
- Mutual fund listing.