Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds are transforming Cyprus into the new funds hub in Europe
Cyprus has been aligned with the European Fund related Directives aimed towards enhanced investor protection and transparency since July 2014 with the enactment of the Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) law.
Through this common European framework, AIFs that are established under domestic Cyprus fund legislation can be sold on a private placement basis or marketed to professional and qualified investors across the EU under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) passport.
On July 10, 2018, the Cyprus Parliament approved a new legislation which effectively updates and enhances the existing law regulating Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs).
The introduction of the new legislation, brings about new opportunities with the introduction of a more flexible fund structure (Registered Alternative Investment Fund) while enhancing and clarifying the operating framework for the Funds industry in Cyprus.
Our services for investment funds include:
- Fund structure analysis and review: We review and provide advice on the various fund structures your scheme can take based on your specific requirements.
- Incorporation of the Legal Entity that will apply for the licence: We draft the Memorandum & Articles of Association or the Regulations and undertake the registration of the company with the Cyprus Registrar of Companies.
- Preparation and drafting of the Prospectus which explains in detail the investment policies and strategies of the fund.
- Assistance with preliminary operational requirements: We assist with locating qualified directors and/or suitable counter-parties, i.e. fund manager, depositary, fund administrators, according to your needs.
- Assistance with the collection of personal documentation: We provide guidance towards the collection of all the necessary personal documentation and certificates to be submitted as part of your license application.
- Preparation of the license application file. We assist with the preparation of all the documents that form part of the application package, including the drafting of all necessary manuals in accordance with the requirements of the law and the completion and/or review of the application form(s) and questionnaires, as well as any relevant checklists and other information to be submitted as part of your license application.
- Act as your representative throughout the evaluation process of the application: We respond on your behalf to any query of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission during the evaluation of your application.
- Ongoing Compliance and Regulatory Reporting Support: We offer a full range of comprehensive Compliance Support Services by a qualified team of legal experts and professionals.
- Internal Audit Services.
- Full legal support and advice.