UCITS are considered a safe and transparent investment product due to their liquidity, transparency, risk management and high degree of regulation, which collectively offer increased levels of investor protection and oversight.
UCITS are undertakings whose sole object is the collective investment in transferable securities and/or other liquid financial instruments, which operate on the principle of risk-spreading, and the units of which are, at the request of investors, redeemed or repurchased, directly or indirectly out of the undertaking’s assets. Strong regulation of UCITS following harmonisation of the UCITS law with EU legislation ensures optimum investor protection. UCITS can be structured as, inter alia, master feeder funds, where the feeder fund invests its portfolio in another fund or as an umbrella fund containing several investment compartments each one concentrating a separate pool of segregated assets.
A UCITS may be constituted either (i) under the law of contract as a common fund managed by a management company, or (ii) under statute as a variable capital investment company.
Our services in relation to investment funds include amongst others:
- Fund structure analysis and review: We examine and provide advice on the various fund structures your scheme can take based on your specific requirements.
- Incorporation of the Legal Entity that will apply for the licence: We draft the Memorandum & Articles of Association or the Regulations and undertake the registration of the company with the Cyprus Registrar of Companies.
- Preparation and drafting of the Prospectus which explains in detail the investment policies and strategies of the fund.
- Assistance with preliminary operational requirements: We can assist with locating qualified directors and/or suitable counter-parties , i.e. fund manager, depositary, fund administrators, according to your needs.
- Assistance with the collection of personal documentation: We provide guidance towards the collection of all the necessary personal documentation and certificates to be submitted as part of your license application.
- Build the license application file: We assist with the preparation of all the documents that form part of the application package including the drafting of all necessary manuals in accordance with the requirements of the law and the completion and/or review of the application form(s) and questionnaires, as well as any relevant checklists and other information to be submitted as part of your license application.
- Act as your representative throughout the evaluation process of the application: We respond on your behalf to any query of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission during the evaluation of your application.
- Ongoing Compliance and Regulatory Reporting Support: We offer a full range of comprehensive Compliance Support Services by a qualified team of legal experts and professionals.
- Internal Audit Services.
- Full legal support and advice.