The FTX bankruptcy filings caused a chain reaction across regulators and supervisory bodies across the globe, with Cyprus being no…
George is a partner at LLPO’s Cyprus office. He advises high profile clients, multinational firms, investment funds and asset managers on a wide range of commercial and corporate matters.
George represents clients in complex corporate and M&A transactions and has significant experience representing investors and lenders on the acquisition, financing and development of major projects around the world, as well as with respect to governance, workouts and disputes.
Clients rely on his experience in structuring and negotiating acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures, and to his ability to provide practical advice.
Before joining LLPO, he has practised for 15 years with leading law firms in Cyprus including the legal practice of one of the BIG4.
George is an insolvency practitioner licensed by the Cyprus Insolvency Department. He handles cases of corporate recovery and insolvency and accepts appointment as liquidator, examiner, or receiver in voluntary and compulsory proceedings. He advises clients on turnaround strategies, restructurings, compromises and arrangements with shareholders and creditors and throughout the examinership, receivership or liquidation process.
With the support of our firm’s team, George handles corporate recovery and insolvency related cases from an early stage assisting with business rescue strategies, or during the liquidation proceedings.
George is actively involved in the tech sector. He acts as mentor and assists startups to get organised and funded.
With LLPO’s expertise and its position as a major player across the fields of financial services, banking, investment funds, insurance and regulatory compliance, and together with cross-competency teams of the firm, George advises both growing and established technology companies for their licensing and on matters relating to their operations.
Clients include payment providers and other new tech players leveraging disruptive technology or business models.
- Represented a leading tech services group on the financing and later acquisition of a major online fashion retailer selling high-street and luxury brands;
- Advised a foreign investment group on the acquisition of the largest online listing platform in Cyprus;
- Performed for a South African health company a buyer’s side legal due diligence on a major Cypriot pharmaceutical company with international operations;
- Advised major banks of top repute on financing transactions where Cypriot companies acted as obligors and where Cyprus owned assets was put as security. Worked in close collaboration with multinational law firms such as Clifford Chance, Allen & Overy, Baker & McKenzie, Squire Saunders & Dempsey, Dentons, CMS Cameron McKenna, DLA Piper, Hogan Lovells and other;
- Advised a Polish investor on a governance dispute of a leading international records management business group owned through Cypriot companies;
- Performed for a large US financial services group, a buyer’s side legal due diligence on a Cyprus bank – licensed credit institution.