One of LLPO Law Firm’s partners, Mr. Christos Ioannides, will be presenting at Financial Crime & Forensic Investigations Conference at Hilton Park Hotel in Nicosia, on Tuesday 1st December 2015. Christos will be hosting the subject ‘Defence Strategies in Financial Crime Prosecution’.
His presentation will be concentrated on the following topics:
- Adversarial Legal System and the Benefit of the Doubt;
- The Defence Lawyer as a Strategist;
- The Investigation and Pre – Trial strategies;
- Post Investigation Evaluation;
- ‘Let the best story prevail’ Principle’;
Christos Ioannides is a criminal lawyer and together with Savvas Angelides – Head of Criminal Department, are leading LLPO’s criminal defence team. LLPO is currently defending clients in all the major corruption cases in Cyprus.
The first Financial Crime & Forensic Investigations Conference in Cyprus is offering the opportunity to find out more about new forms of white-collar crimes, corporate ethics and independence, and methods for combating/ preventing financial crime. Presentations will be provided by a selection of high-profile industry experts and professionals from both Cyprus and abroad.
Some other guest speakers at the event will be:
- Demetra Kalogerou – Chairwoman of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Christos Vasiliou – Board Member, Head of Advisory, KPMG Cyprus.
- Evy Poumpouras – Consultant, Former U.S. Secret Service;
- Michael Sauermann – Partner Forensics, KPMG Germany.
- Maros Holodnak – Director Forensics, KPMG CEE.